*Please note that not every person who wrote a review wanted his / her name also be mentioned.
All future updates are of course free for every customer.
- Updated section "2.4 Updates" to include the March Cumulative Update in "Installation (PDF)"
- Updated section "2.4 Updates" to include the November Cumulative Update in "Installation (PDF)"
- Added information where to store the search index during installation in "Installation (PDF)"
- Added information where to find installation & configuration log files in "Installation (PDF)"
- Added SQL Server Best Practices, Language Pack installation and SharePoint installation verification
- Updated the chapter about MinRole to include the enhanced features that came with Nov 2016 CU
- Added a table to decide which SQL Server version is required for PowerPivot, High availability and other features
- Added PowerShell scripts to prepare Windows Server 2016 roles, role features and features
- Added information about Service Packs / Public Updates incl. July security fix
- Added Information and support for SQL Server 2016 (planning and preparation PDFs)
- Added new installation and configuration scripts for SQL Server 2016
- Added information about Service Packs / Public Updates:
Types of updates, download instructions and installation instructions
I have a specific scenario, does it help me?
Yes! And here's why: Each part of the document is modular. If you just need a Windows Server and SharePoint that's ok. If you also need accounts planning, SQL Server and several SharePoint servers just add the parts to your individual installation process.
I'm a beginner and very new to SharePoint, is the book for me?
Yes. You'll get clear, easy to follow steps and lots of pictures starting with preparation and ending with a successful installation.
I'm experienced with SharePoint, is the book for me?
I've written the book with experienced SharePoint administrators and developers in mind too. There are lots of topics including script automation or accounts and permission planning for Web and Service Applications.
Doesn't a book go out of date as soon as it's published?
This is part of the reason why I made the book digital instead of hard-copy. I plan to update the eBook every few months so that you always have the most up to date information.
Does this material include Scripts for creating Service Applications?
Yes! There are scripts to create every Service Application like e.g. User Profiles and Search except Office Web Apps and PowerPivot.
Does this material cover high availability?
Although you can install multiple Web- and Application Server it doesn't discuss high availability or multiple SQL Server (clustering or mirroring).
Does this material cover Kerberos and SPNs?
I still have a question...
Sure just write me an eMail with your question and I will answer as soon as possible.
30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
"If I don't like the material can I get a refund?"
If the material isn't helpful to you and you don't get the desired results within 30 days of purchase just send me a message and I'll refund your money, no questions asked.
Back to top